Saturday, May 24, 2014

Healthy no bake coconut-lemon meltaways

I had no idea that paleo diet is so tasty! Well, no wonder, if you replace the flour with grounded almonds, sugar with honey, and don't use any artificially processed ingredients, you are bound to have a delicious treat! 
This was the first time I've made "paleo cookies" and my friend said that it was the best I've ever made. Hmmm... and I've thought nothing can beat canneles! 


So much to that, here is the original recipe I've used >>

http://www.theironyou.com/2016/04/no-bake-coconut-lemon-meltaway-balls.html

p.s. You don't really need to use the mixer! 

Kitchen notes: I've tried with both Eureka and Meyer lemons. This is the only recipe in which I prefer zesty Eureka lemon because it is more pungent and the freshness of the lemony taste explodes on the first bite! Mayer lemon is also good, but milder. 
My friend's video on how to make almond flour: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5GUsgWidHM


Bon appetit,
Miki

0 comments:

Post a Comment