Friday, May 23, 2014

Chia pudding with blood oranges and pistachios

Everywhere I turn either in stores or in magazines, I see 'the benefits of chia seeds'. All the pictures look promissingly delicious! So I decide to buy a bag, a huge one since there are no small bags of chia seeds to be found... That made me very happy, hoping it will bring a change to my breakfast oatmeal routine. The first time I've tried to make chia pudding was plain simply with almond or coconut milk, I don't remember exactly... but do remember a huge disappointment since I didn't like it at all. The flavor was simply missing! The big bag of chia seeds was sitting in the forgotten corner of my kitchen until yesterday when I was looking for something and found it again. This time I've made the pudding with regular milk and added fruits, nuts and a little bit of coconut sugar. It was the rebirth of chia seed pudding for me and will be in the makings again soon, especially the night before I know there will be a busy morning and no time for elaborate breakfast. That is when chia pudding will get me throuh it with its nutrients and energy.  



Ingredients: 

For one serving

  • 1 cup of milk of your choice (I prefer regular milk)
  • 4 Tbsp of chia seeds
  • 2 Tbsp of coconut sugar
  • fruit and nuts topping (my favorite combination is blood orange with pistachios)
Add chia seeds to milk, mix and store in the fridge overnight for best results. In the morning, add fruit and nuts for a healthy breakfast. 

Bon appetit,
Miki

2 comments:

  1. Thank you dear Milena. It is now 11.04pm and I am going to walk into my kitchen to soak chia seeds in milk for my breakfast tomorrow. This solved on part of the equation: "What to make for breakfast?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :**** Just don't forget them in the morning, like I did today! :P Let's see how mine are tomorrow after 2 nights and a day of soaking ;)

    ReplyDelete