Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cauliflower Couscous


Once in while I stumble upon a recipe that I have to make right away. This was one of them-I saw it last night and I made it for dinner tonight (I had all ingredients so that made it easier but I know I would do it even if it required a trip to a store :)



This was so original that I had to try it. I think this recipe will make it to Ceca's hall of fame recipe book that will be written one day ;)
It met all of the criteria to deserve it:
It is healthy
It is interesting/original/new/remake of an old dish etc
Flavorful

If you, like me love the taste of cauliflower but do not like its texture and taste when it is roasted or boiled you will love this. Vegetable keeps its cabbage-like flavor and crunchy texture. Can you tell how excited I am about this discovery already? :) Nuff said. Two best things about it are: it truly resembles the real couscous texture and my kids did eat it but only couscous without cauliflower which I had to take out :D

Try it - it is actually quite simple to make.

Here is the recipe:

http://food52.com/recipes/21165-spice-merchant-cauliflower-couscous?from_related=1&related_src_type=recipe

Note: I  did not have za’atar and the dish turned just fine.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment