Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweet Potato-Peanut Bisque

I was looking for more flavorful savory
ways to use this healthy vegetable and tried this soup. It turned out this may be my favorite way to use sweet potatoes thus far so I decided to share the recipe with you.



Here is the recipe:
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_peanut_bisque.html
Few notes: I omitted the chiles and made my tomato juice by just boiling and pureeing  my frozen tomatoes (I do not like the taste of store bought vegetable/tomato juices). Also the recipe calls for cilantro for garnish but I felt few basil leaves would go better with sweet and earthy flavor of sweet potato.
I served this with crackers but some good homemade bread would be delicious if you have some handy ;)
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment