Friday, April 26, 2013

Pita bread


Success ... in this case measured by the puffiness of pita bread! :)
I saw the new video that Chef John posted on "How to make pita bread at home" and had to try it out right away! I have so far tried Chef John's recipes for ciabatta and for pizza dough, and they both worked perfectly. This one was no exception. Please follow the instructions from his video and/or his blog




Few notes: I don't have a stand mixer, so I've used food processor instead. The first pita bread was the best because I've preheated the cast iron pan on medium-high heat. It puffed up nicely as you can see in the photo...  sorry, I just have to brag about it :) ... but then I had to reduce the temperature for the 2nd one because there was so much smoke although I've only slightly greased the pan with oil. The 2nd one thus didn't puff as nicely. 

The only thing missing were cevapi! And kajmak, yes :)

These are the measurements that I have used >> 

Ingredients: 

  • 1 cup of luke warm water
  • 1 Tbsp of yeast
  • 1 tsp of sugar
  • 3 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp of olive oil
  • pinch of salt




Bon appetit,
Mik

0 comments:

Post a Comment