Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grandmom Dula's brocolli patties


Ok this recipe is way overdue to be posted by now. After few moms told me their kids loved it I decided to share it here with all moms looking for ways (that actually work) to introduce more vegetables into their kids diets.
I grew up loving this and still love it so the recipe is not restricted to kids by all means. Also this recipe is as much delicious with spinach and cauliflower (original recipe) as it is with broccoli.



Ingredients:
  • 1 broccoli head
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil (this is my modification from original recipe that used vegetable oil)
  • 2 eggs
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
 
Steam the broccoli until tender, then mash finely
In a large bowl combine broccoli with the rest of ingredients
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat   
Spoon the mixture onto the frying pan and cook until well browned. Do not flip over until crust on one side is formed (2-3 minutes)
Transfer to paper towel plate to remove any excess grease

Serve warm.
Good luck  and enjoy!

This picture with zucchinis is the only one of it I have even though I made it so many times. The zucchini is actually a great compliment to it I thing (make it all veggie meal).

0 comments:

Post a Comment