Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Homemade Panettone

Santa Claus is coming to town!!! This year we got the similar size Christmas tree (which means the star barely fit on it because it is almost all the way up the ceiling ;) The girls (and mama) enjoyed pulling the ornaments out of the boxes and yelling out loud:" This is my favorite! I love this one!" etc. This year, since the girls are bigger and could do much of the tree decoration by themselves-other than putting the star on top :)  I had some extra time which I used for some  Holiday time in the kitchen :) I always wanted to make Panettone: for two reasons -one: I love to eat them and two: they mean Christmas season is here. I even candied my own lemon peel for it!
They turned out fine. I think the recipe I used is very good recipe for homemade Panettone. The only fun thing I did (that I maybe should not have done) is: I made my own molds with parchment paper. They did not hold the best - so my advice is to invest money and time in buying those. Another even more fun thing I did which, I think, compromised the end result are the two wooden sticks you use to hang the panettone up side down to cool. I did not invest in those either (I used chopsticks that were too short :) Hey, it is all about having a good time!  That being said- I loved my panettone and enjoyed it with a tea so much that I will be probably making them again during this holiday season with store purchased molds etc :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 to you all!


The recipe: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/panettone-recipe/



One year later I use the same recipe but bought Panettone special molds. I am glad I did.







1 comments:

  1. I am on a diet now after the Christmas, but will be making this panettone as soon as I lose some weight :) haha
    Thanks a lot for sharing this fantastic find of a recipe!

    ReplyDelete