Friday, June 7, 2013

Cauliflover and Potato Samosa


I wanted to try my luck at Indian cuisine for a while and  found this samosa recipe that I loved and decided to share!



You can find the original recipe here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2008/02/potato-samosa-2.html
Notes: I have done few tweaks to the original recipe which worked well I think: I added cauliflower to the potato filling (roughly half of each I used) and I also left the mixture of whole fat yogurt and butter soak at room temperature one night before. You will also need to let the dough soak over night once you add flour. I used 1/3 of the dough for crackers and the rest for the samosa as original recipe suggest. The dough is little hard to work with but so tasty that you can fill it with any other of your favorite fillings (ground meat filling would work great here I think) and chances are you are going to love it.  Also I kept the spices for samosa at a minimum so that my kids could eat it.
Here are few pictures as well.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment