Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cauliflower soup


I've got this recipe from my mother today, after I asked her what to do with big cauliflower that I've received in my organic farm box of produce. The soup turned out to be so delicious that I had to share the recipe with you right away :) 



Ingredients: 

  • 1/2 of big or 1 small cauliflower
  • 3 carrots
  • 1 small yellow onion
  • Garlic
  • 1/3 cup of rice
  • 1/4 cup of corn meal
  • pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning
  • Lemon juice or preserved lemons for serving

Directions:

I have used my Le Creuset pot for cooking this soup slowly on lower temperature. Any pot with a heavy bottom would work. First saute the onion and shredded carrots with olive oil. Then add chopped cauliflower and about 2 cups of water. When it starts to boil, add rice and garlic and reduce the temperature. Cook till cauliflower becomes soft and the rice is plumped. Mix corn flower with 4 tablespoons of water and add to the soup. You can turn-off the stove now and leave it for another 15min till the corn meal is absorbed. Add salt and pepper for seasoning, or any other spice that you like.  

The best it to serve while warm, with lemon juice or preserved lemons. You can pair it with a piece of toasted bread. Instead of lemons, you can serve with sour cream as well.




Bon appetit,
Miki

0 comments:

Post a Comment