Sunday, December 30, 2012

Spinach and feta quiche

Quiche is so easy to make, that I almost didn't believe it until I've tried. Last summer and fall, I had a quiche-craze time with abundance of fresh vegetables from my farm box. This particular recipe is with spinach and feta, but filling can be replaced with any other vegetables. Please use my friend's guide on quiches here.

 

Ingredients: 


For crust:

I always make 2 quiche crusts at once using my friend's recipe here, and then I freeze one for later use: 
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour (250g)
  • 125g of butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp of sour cream or yogurt 
  • pinch of salt

For filling:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 wrap of spinach
  • 200g of crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 clove of garlic 
  • 1 cup of milk
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • whole grain dijon mustard

Directions:


Take the quiche dough out of the fridge 15min before. If you had quiche crust in the freezer, you can microwave it for 30s till it becomes soft. 
Roll the dough on the parchment paper and fit it in the quiche baking dish
For the filling: On the side, boil the spinach only for 1 minute, and then chop it and saute it with garlic and olive oil. In a separate bowl, beat 3 eggs, add pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Heat one cup of milk and slowly add to the eggs mixture stirring constantly. At the end, add spinach and feta. Before pouring the mix over the crust, punch few holes in the crust with the fork to allow for even baking. I also like to spread dijon muster over the crust, it gives a nice flavor. 


Baking:

Preheat the oven to 380F and bake for 30min. 


Bon appetit,
Miki




0 comments:

Post a Comment